Software Developer-Test II/III - Compute Job
Date: May 2, 2013
Location: Blacksburg, VA, 24060, US
Software Developer-Test II/III - Compute - 14532
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job TitleSoftware Developer-Test II/III - Compute
Category Software Development
Location US-VA-Blacksburg Blacksburg, VA 24060, US
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
We are looking for a Software Developer in Test who will be testing software for large-scale cloud-based services.
When you find a bug in a software project does everything else become unimportant until it gets fixed? Does it bother you to no end when you hear that features are being manually tested? Do you love to have a deep understanding of the code you are testing so that you can make your test suite more robust? Software Developer in Test at Rackspace is the right position for you.
As a Software Developer in Test at Rackspace you are given the challenge of building the testing infrastructure for our control panel user interfaces. At Rackspace, we pride ourselves in providing a great work environment with flexible hours, talented team members, and cutting edge technology. For this role, you will be working side-by-side with other software developers, testing web applications and ensuring our user interfaces live up to our Fanatical Support standards. Passion for software and passion for testing is a must.
More about the Rackspace Cloud business unit:
Do you want to be part of creating the next generation of computing? Rackspace Cloud is the leading innovator in cloud computing, and we are defined by Fanatical Support—not just for our clients, but for our team. Rackers have the freedom to do great work, and the challenge of using their skill and ambition to drive the future of the Web. Rackspace Cloud provides on-demand scalable website, application, and storage hosting. We enable developers and business decision-makers to avoid the hassles and costs of dedicated hardware while offering the infinite scalability of the Cloud.
- Coding test automation software in Python
- Designing and implementing testing infrastructure as well as test cases
- Following Scrum methodology, working alongside software developers and product owners
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development with a focus on Software Quality Assurance or Software Testing.
- 2-4 years of coding experience in either Java, Python, Ruby, or C#
- Ability to work independently, triage issues, and prioritize tasks
- Strong team player
- Strong understanding of Quality Processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration concepts
Nice to have:
- Coding experience in Python
- Familiarity with advanced software/testing methodologies such as BDD
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with geographically dispersed teams.
- Familiarity with Performance Testing
- Experience with Continuous Deployment concepts.
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 3,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Nearest Major Market: Blacksburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segments: Developer, Engineer, Cloud, Testing, Java, Technology, Engineering