Financial Systems Analyst III Job
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Req #: 20516
Location(s): US-TX-San Antonio
Shift: First Shift
Rackspace® (NYSE: RAX) is the global leader in hybrid cloud and founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud. Hundreds of thousands of customers look to Rackspace to deliver the best-fit infrastructure for their IT needs, leveraging a product portfolio that allows workloads to run where they perform best—whether on the public cloud, private cloud, dedicated servers, or a combination of platforms. The company's award-winning Fanatical Support® helps customers successfully architect, deploy, and run their most critical applications. Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, Rackspace operates data centers on four continents. Rackspace is featured on Fortune's list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Overview & Responsibilities
Serves as liaison between the global CFO Group and global Rackspace Technical Teams. Gathers and documents business process, system and functional requirements of a product. Creates detailed use cases, user stories, and test scenarios. Coordinates User Acceptance Testing and approvals. May play an active role in training of business end users.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of business operations to create requirements for development.
- Intermediate to advanced project management and business analysis skills.
- Intermediate to advanced time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills.
- Gathers and documents functional, system, and data requirements.
- Responsible for meeting timelines and objectives as specified by the project.
- Creates detailed process diagrams and business requirement documents as discussed with the business end users.
- Uses business requirements and business process knowledge to create detailed use cases, user stories, and test scenarios.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage metadata and system taxonomies
- Ability to manage and maintain complex financial reporting and metrics
- Ability to communicate information and ideas both verbally and written so others will understand.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- May play an active role in the training of business end users.
- Serves as liaison between the CFO Group and Rackspace Technical Teams.
- Meets with business end users to understand business processes.
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing and ensures test cases are completely tested and signed off on by appropriate project team members.
- Analyzes results of testing to ensure solution matches the documented business need.
- Utilize understanding of technology, business processes, accounting/finance, and financial systems to accomplish improvement goals.
- May lead small projects from beginning to end.
- Participates in system conversions, implementations, business process design, and other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required.
- Four to five years of experience in the areas of business analysis.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Oracle accounting and tax software or related technology is desirable.
- Intermediate accounting knowledge. Desired understanding of General Ledger, Financial Statements, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Tax practices.
- Ability to analyze financial data and detect errors or potential problems.
- Previous Process Improvement experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rackspace is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Job Segments: Accounts Payable, Financial, Systems Analyst, Financial Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Technology