Software Developer in Test IV - Big Data Job
Date: Apr 28, 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX, 78218, US
Software Developer in Test IV - Big Data - 16981
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job TitleSoftware Developer in Test IV - Big Data
Category Software Development
Location US-TX-San Antonio-CSTL San Antonio, TX 78218, US
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
As a Software Developer in Test at Rackspace you are given the challenge of designing and building the automation infrastructure for our Cloud Block Storage product. At Rackspace, we pride ourselves in providing a great work environment with flexible hours, talented team members, and cutting edge technology. For this role, you will be working side-by-side with Software Developers and other Software Developers in Test, testing world class cloud storage technologies, and ensuring our systems live up to our Fanatical Support standards. Passion for testing and software test automation is a must. This position is located in San Antonio, TX.
San Antonio Videos:
Message from the hiring manager:
In this role you will be:
- Coding test automation primarily in Python
- Working with ground breaking custom automation frameworks
- Designing and implementing highly scalable, intelligent, next generation testing infrastructure
- Following Agile Scrum methodology, working alongside collaborative software developers and product owners
- Reporting status to quality and engineering management
- 8+ years of experience in Software Development with a focus on Software Quality Engineering with experience in various test methodologies like unit, white/black box testing
- 4+ years of coding experience in either Java, Python, C++, C# or other Object Oriented Language
- Expert in various test and development methodologies. Have hands on experience in entire SDLC.
- Can lead, mentor and guide junior team members. Requires minimal supervision.
- Experience in writing test harnesses, test frameworks to test application interfaces or APIs, web services
- Strong knowledge of Test automation and tools like Selenium Selenium, Watir, JMeter, Grinder, REST, SOAPUI, XMLRPC, etc
- Ability to work independently, triage issues, and prioritize tasks
- Strong team player
- Strong understanding of Quality Processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration concepts
- Experience using source code repositories (Git, Subversion, TFS, etc.)
- Familiarity with software testing methodologies such as BDD, TDD, etc...
- Familiarity with advanced software testing methodologies such as deterministic automation
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with geographically dispersed teams.
- Familiarity with Performance Testing
- Experience with Continuous Deployment concepts
- Familiarity with SOA and SaaS delivery models
- Experience in Mac or Linux Desktop environments
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 4,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Job Segments: Database, Developer, Engineer, Web Design, Testing, Technology, Engineering, Creative