Software Security Developer II Job
Date: Apr 21, 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX, 78218, US
Software Security Developer II - 16458
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job TitleSoftware Security Developer II
Category Software Development
Location US-TX-San Antonio-CSTL San Antonio, TX 78218, US
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
Do you enjoy working in a fast pace environment where your feedback and expertise on security is taken seriously? Do you get excited when given the opportunity to conduct security testing? Do you like working with diverse teams with different technical backgrounds? If this sounds like you then continue to read on.
We are looking for a Product Software Security Developer who enjoys working with the best and brightest developers here at Rackspace. You will be on the front line working with developers as new technology is being developed and deployed. As part of the product security team you will conduct vulnerability assessments on new and current web applications throughout the software development lifecycle. Additionally, you will get the opportunity to provide ‘real world’ mitigation efforts by working closely with the development and QE teams.
San Antonio Videos:
Message from the hiring manager:
In this role you will:
· Work with cutting edge technology in the Cloud environment
· Conduct vulnerability assessments (web app, penetration testing, code reviews, and host base vulnerability assessments) on web applications in development and existing environments
· Create and maintain security reporting documentation to help ID security concerns, trends, resolution velocities, classify security issues, maintain security reporting logs, and maintain security wiki site
· Experience with Risk Management assessments
· Work closely with the development team and embed security during the entire development lifecycle for assigned products
· Work closely with the Quality Engineering team to develop test cases and test libraries with security as a focus
· Create new or revised security measures and document the requirements into technical solutions
· 1+ years experience conducting security testing (i.e. web-based, penetration testing, and host base vulnerability assessments
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences in written format
· Experience in Excel with understanding of statical analysis
· Demonstrate ability in discovering vulnerabilities such as XSS, XSRF, SQL injection, cookie manipulation, SSL, VPN, DMZ, encryption, and more
· Understanding of encryption standards and protocols
· Ability to perform code reviews and communicate analysis to technical and non-technical teams in written and oral formats
· Understanding of authentication methodologies and protocols
· Knowledge in MySql or Oracle
· Understanding of network and web protocols (http, ipsec, tcp/ip, etc)
· Understanding of critical protocols (IPSEC, AES, GRE, IKE, MD5, SHA, 3DES)
· Understanding of network security architecture, including the application of Defense-In-Depth principles
· Ability to work in a team environment, triage issues, and prioritize tasks
· Strong problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, closely related field, or work experience
Nice to Have’s:
· Project Management Experience
· Technical writing
· Knowledge of node.js
· Technical certifications (i.e., CISSP)
· Understanding of OWASP security concepts
· Experience working in the cloud computing industry
· Development experience in PHP and Ruby
· Experience in deploying the Security Development LifeCycle
· Agile project mythology experience
Why Here? Why Now?
About Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Hosting is the service leader in cloud computing, and the founder of OpenStack, an open source cloud platform. However, for our employees (we call them “Rackers”) we are much more than a hosting company. Rackspace offers a vibrant company culture filled with compelling work and fun. We are as Fanatical about serving our clients as we are about building the future of technology.
But, don’t take it from us…
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2008, 2009, 2011
- Forbes Top 100 Best Small Companies 2010
- Computer World’s Best Places to Work in IT 2010
- Bloomberg Business Week Top 100 Performing Technology Company 2010
- InformationWeek Top Technology Innovators Across America 2010
- Info-Tech Champion in Cloud Infrastructure 2010
Learn more at www.rackspace.com!
As employees of Rackspace, we are not simply a number… we are Rackers. With that title comes a responsibility that we all feel. It’s a responsibility to embody and live the values that make our organization unique and special. It’s also a natural responsibility because the values we embrace were created by us in the first place. Learn more about our culture at rackertalent.com.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Job Segments: Security, Developer, Engineer, Database, Oracle, Technology, Engineering